All of us gathered at Bangkok Airport, waiting for the transfer to the hotel. I remember I took 10 over photos prior to this at Singapore T3 and Bangkok airport, but the photos just went missing after I transfered from the camera to the PC, weird!
21 of us were splitted into 2 mini-bus
Here's our Hotel - Amari Watergate. Situated at Pratunam area. I like this hotel alot in terms of its location, interior designs of the room and comfortability.
A welcome drink upon arrival at the hotel.
I like this kinda simple and yet it is quite posh interior design.
好可爱的 rubber ducky!
Still got DVD player, not bad sia...
Some ouside scenery from the hotel rooms.
Baiyoke Sky (tallest hotel in Bangkok) and Baiyoke Suite.
Platinum Fashion Mall
World Trade Centre
After settling down checking in the hotel, we had our lunch at A&W. Highly recommended by one of our colleagues. Since Singapore's A&W closed down about a decade ago, we decided to give it a try. However, to my disappointment, it isn't that fantastic afterall...
Do you miss the root beer float and curly fries? haha...
After lunch, we came to this Platinum Fashion Mall. Newly open since it isn't there when I last visited Bangkok 3 years ago. Selling clothes at low prices. A highly recommended place you should go to shop!! Most of us dump our money here, haha... But take note the shops close as early as 6 to 7 pm.
Next, dinner time, we proceed to Chinatown. As a food lover, how can I miss out the Shark Fins soup in Bangkok's Chinatown?!
Order their fried rice and chilli kangkong, tastes good!
Fried Oyster Omelette with dao-gay
Super delicious Shark Fins soup!!
QQ enjoying her coriander. The way she eats her coriander freaks me out!
After dinner, come a bowl of bird nest.
Return to hotel, we noticed there's a welcome plate of fruits and chocolates in my room. It wasn't there previously in the day time. Service not bad sia, but heard from some of my colleagues they didnt get it, haha....
Bought a packet of road side's fried prawn tang-hoon back to hotel for supper :p Bangkok's road side's food smells really nice~~
One of my colleagues regret that she did not follow me everywhere to eat good food upon seeing my photos cos her kakis always eat at food court. She wanted to eat road stalls but her kakis dun dare to eat, haha... so funny...
Next morning, went down for breakfast.
Enjoying their breakfast since they served various types of eggs. Omelette, sunny side up, chawanmushi, scramble egg. Think I ate at least 3 eggs each morning, die, cholesterol already so high liao...
Look at my boss, so pinkish, haha...
After breakfast, my boss and andrew wanna follow us to chatuchak, so we waited for them at the hotel lobby.
Boss giving us a free ride to chatuchak by tuk-tuk. Dunno why this camera angle looks like as if im leaning on my boss' shoulders... face very big and round and fat too... >.<
This face looks smaller and better, isnt it? :p
Taking photos of me wor...
On the way to chatuchak on a sunny Saturday morning by tuk tuk....
As soon as we arrived, we passed by this pets' section.
Fried Quail eggs, looks delicious hor? yummy yummy~~
That's all the photos for chatuchak. Erm... cos it is such a damn hot day and I perspired like nobody's business, the perspiration was like more than what I perspire for the past one year, so ya damn hot, no other moods to take photos...
Then we take a cab to MBK. QQ very cute lor, so easily fall asleep. Everytime we travelled from one place to another by cab, she will fall asleep in less than 5 mins time WITHOUT FAIL, haha...
It is pouring outside and traffic jam. No taxi wanna fetch us from MBK to the Central World. So under the rain, we walk from MBK to Central World with big and heavy shopping bags not less than 20 mins...? =(
Surprisingly we did not catch a flu... Maybe it's bcos we had a steamboat for dinner? I suggested to eat steamboat after getting drenched outside.
MK Restaurant. Find the toy below very interesting cos it fully represents what the restaurant is about. Big red steamboat wok with the ingredients in it. Holding onto a palm top just like how the waiters took our orders. One of the waitress saw us taking photos of it, she walk over and folded the tissue, arrange the toothpicks n pen neatly.
After steamboat, we are strolling back to our hotel to put down all the heavy shopping bags before we proceed to our next destination.
Bangkok's traffic jammed like nobody's business. Many people are taking photos of it at the overhead bridge just like we do.
From our hotel, we strolled to Victory Monument not lesser than 30 mins. Dunno why we got such leg energy to walk but I know my legs hurts alot towards the end. Even pai-ka to the next morning...
On our way there, passed by this railway track... while taking photos, just hope that the train wont come so fast. Too dark, cant really see it clearly...
Finally we arrived at Victory Monument. Not much people know about this place. Usually you won't hear ur friends shopping at Victory Monument but actually it's quite a nice place with pasar malem, a pity that it is not recognised as a common tourist area.
Road side sushi. Should be not fresh ba? cos it is not refrigerated...
After the long walking distance, look at my tired face with my crepes...
Back to hotel, we went to our colleagues' rooms to 串门子 till about 1.30am...
Next morning after having 3 eggs for breakfast, we have to get ready for our retreat workshop.
Ice-breaker game was really fun and i won a Singapore's Starbucks voucher! =D
Because im fast with good memory, so unbelievable right~~~! hahaha~~~
We are the Sheep Team. The funny process with lots of laughter of how the team is formed is deeply carved in my brain. I had a video but too bad cant post it up here...
After the retreat workshop ended, we had a group photo.
After 2 days of shopping and the memorable workshop retreat, it is time to check out and return to Singapore.
Had my last dinner at Bangkok Airport's MangoTree before departing for Singapore.
Reached home at 2 am and reporting to work at 9 am, wah seh, that day my eyes really cannot open in office, unforgettable man...
Look at my 战利品! Ranging from dress to tshirt to pants to skirt to jeans to bag to slippers to food stuff...
Im shocked even for myself too! Friends who know me will know that I dont shop in Singapore and overseas, usually I'll just spend on food, not to mention I bought the stuffs below! I went there with $322, came back left with $10. So I have settled my Chinese New Year goodies more or less le, hehe~~
Guess what is this? It is a ring that I bought at Suan Lum Night Bazaar.
Below are some nice and interesting pictures that are taken by my colleague, Jackie Poh.












4 comments:
oh! A&W still alive! i miss its food
wah... 稀客!long time din see u come visit my blog le, haha...
But hor, Bangkok's A&W not nice one leh, no need to go and try... fried chicken got chao-ta smell one...
It is really nice to know that A&W is still alive (same view as your friend). On top of that, I ma glad that you have went to the trip on the coreect timing. Looking at Bangkok situation now, I am happy that my friend has had a fun time and is safe home.
wah shiok!! got retreat. I like the MK restaurant also. Like my name the shortform. Hahaha.
MBK is good shopping place but ever since I went to Guangzhou, I think guangzhou shopping is still better.
Chatuchak got many cheap things but the clothes like the same in every shop lor..
Post a Comment