Round 1
On my mum's actual birthday 21 Aug 08, we went to Chinatown's 大东-肥仔荣酒楼(Da Dong Restaurant - By Fatty Weng)。
Ordered her favourite Shark Fin's soup.
Then we have Roast Chicken, 玻璃虾蛋生面 & Tofu. Highly recommend its Tofu, it is so soft and fragrant. It has the strong 黄豆 aroma. Also, the roast chicken got a very tender breast meat. I dont eat breast meat yet im impressed by it.
肥仔荣,你不错哟!赞!!
Round 2
2 days after her birthday, she invited 阿姨们 for a dinner again. This time it is at Bukit Batok's Guilin Restaurant. Overall it's not bad consider the big portion of the serving.
Cold Dish
Shark Fin's soup
北京鸭
烧鸡 & Steam Fish
Scallops
Marmite Prawns
Brocolli
E-Fu Noodles
Pumpkin Yam Paste
Round 3
Few months back, I promised my mum to bring her to have a taste of the giant Alaska Crab on her birthday. However, we keep on postponing. Finally we found a chance 2 days ago.
My recent seafood 新欢:Bamboo clam (竹蚌)
For those who didnt try it before, for god's sake, please go and try, it is so much nicer than Abalone! I'm indeed addicted to it!
Alaska Crab. As it is such a big crab, I decided to cook it with 2 styles.
As the crab shell is hard and has thorns, you cant possibly bite to open it, thus you will have to use the scissors provided by the restaurant.
Anyone wanna guess the price of this crab? It is on 50% discount. Guess correctly may get a free Alaska Crab treat from me? (Excluding those whom I have already revealed the price :p)
Hint: Usual Price $15 per 100 grams
My mum cutting open the crab leg shell.
Ar har, here is the crab leg! Thicker than a hotdog!
My mum is funny, she got an awkward smile. Too paiseh to eat the crab, even dun dare to exert force while cutting the shell. In the end, I gotta force her to exert more force! “大力剪下去,看不惯你这么斯文” 哈哈。。
After a few cutting sessions, she got the hang of it. Still tell me “我现在会大大力剪 liao”
我妈突然灵机一动,wanna take home the crab shell to 作纪念。
Even Chao Ah Bi is fascinated by it!
Hopes that my mum has a memorable Alaska Crab Feasting on this year's birthday! =D



No comments:
Post a Comment